Plan Your Pilgrimage
Pilgrims throughout the world travel to Upstate New York to tour Our Lady of Martyrs Shrine.
We work with groups of all sizes and ages to create a moving experience for all pilgrims and ask that you consider the following items prior to scheduling your pilgrimage as to enhance your journey and our ability to best serve you and your group.
Who can take a pilgrimage?
Everyone is welcome to tour the Shrine. Self-guided and staff-guided tours are offered to all, from individuals to school groups to families and beyond. We are confident you will have a positive educational and religious experience at Our Lady of Martyrs Shrine.
Please note, some of the grounds are uneven and while portions are drivable, it can be difficult to navigate for older adults and those with physical disabilities or mobility devices. The Friends of the Shrine offer a golf cart to pilgrims so that they can access the areas that are difficult to navigate.
Additionally, the Shrine does not currently offer interpreters. If an interpreter is needed, please designate someone in your pilgrimage to provide this.
When are the Shrine grounds open to pilgrims?
Our Lady of Martyrs Shrine is open mid-April through October 19th, Martyrs’ Feast Day from 9 am to dusk. The Shrine is typically open rain or shine but we encourage you to check our Facebook page for unforeseen closings.
What types of activities will my pilgrimage include?
You are welcome to customize your pilgrimage to best suit you and your group’s needs; however, the following are some opportunities we strongly encourage you consider:
- Mass at the Shrine – The Shrine’s regularly scheduled Masses are 11 am on Saturday and 3 pm on Sunday. If your pilgrimage includes a priest, a private Mass and/or Eucharistic Adoration can be arranged. Click here to learn more.
- Saints of Auriesville Museum Tour
- Documentary Showing in the Media Center
- Lunch at the Visitor’s Center (BYO or Catering Available)
- Gift Shop
How much time do I need?
The length of your pilgrimage depends on a number of factors including how many people are in your pilgrimage, how much detail your pilgrims desire in learning, whether or not you will have Mass and lunch, and how much time you have to spend.
Typically time for the following opportunities increases as group size increases:
- Holy Communion at Mass
- Gift shop checkout
- Photos on the grounds
- Walking through the grounds then gathering at one point or another
- Pray (self-directed) Rosary or Stations of the Cross
- Visits to the Museum – The Museum accommodates up to 30 pilgrims in the exhibit area and the same number in the media center. Groups of more than 30 can split into two and take turns in each area.
You can have a quick intro in a half hour or spend several hours at Our Lady of Martyrs Shrine. We are glad to help you plan an itinerary that accommodates your time frame.
What is the cost of a pilgrimage?
There is no set fee for pilgrims or parking. Our Lady of Martyrs Shrine depends on your donations to keep these holy grounds a haven for those who seek peace, reconciliation, and healing.
There is a nominal fee to reserve the Visitor Center for a full-day conference. Please contact us to learn more.
I’m ready to schedule my pilgrimage.
If you’re ready to schedule your pilgrimage, please complete this form and a member of our team will be in touch soon.